PSY 2012 Lecture Notes - Lecture 15: Demonic Possession, Mental Disorder, Moral Treatment

44 views8 pages

Document Summary

Diagnosing disorders: the dsm 5- issues: may be subjective (a committee decides what qualifies, what if they"re wrong?, comorbidity, rare to have one single disorder (ex. Medical students" syndrome- learning about medical problems leads to an inward focus. Ix. on one"s own health problems and possible obsession or undue worry about them. Origins of anxiety disorders: repeated automatic behaviors (think motor tics, learning models of anxiety: anxious responses as acquired habits, fears are learned via operant conditioning/observational learning, ex. If i say hi to someone, and they don"t respond, i think that they hate me rather than considering that they just didn"t hear what i said: biology, genes may influence neuroticism (high strung, guilt-prone, irritable) Recent loss of a loved one, being divorced, separated, or widowed: family history of suicide xi. Personality disorders, such as borderline personality disorder xii. Anxiety disorders, such as panic and social anxiety disorder xiii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers