FHCE 3200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Compact Car, Geico, Vehicle Insurance

35 views1 pages
10/15/2017 Reading Questions 5 Hiren Patel
1. Complete the following automobile purchasing steps for yourself. Depending on what is most relevant
for you, either use your current financial information or your anticipated information after you
graduate.
a. Figure out what are your transportation needs.
I estiate that I o’t hae to trael log distaes to go to ork, so a ie opat ar ill
ork fie for e, it does’t hae to e a hrid, ut I ould like soethig luurious.
b. Determine how much you can you afford.
I also expect a monthly wage, so I can afford to put $400 to $500 to finance a new car, therefore
I o’t have to pay for it all at once.
c. Shop for a loan if you plan to borrow money.
I do’t pla to get a loa.
d. Research specific models of vehicles and identify those that best meet your needs and budget.
I picked the new 2017 BMW 3 Series 320i because it is cheaper compared to a new model and
budget wise, it is a little less than $400 per month.
e. Obtain an estimate for auto insurance based on the specific car you are investigating.
The lowest estimate I received was from Geico, which was $102 per month.
f. Locate the specific vehicle you will purchase and negotiate a purchase price.
The price for a new 2017 BMW 3 Series 320i is $39000. However, I believe I can negotiate for a
better price and by trading in my current car.
2. Complete a personal balance sheet for yourself if you are single or for your family if you have a
partner or others in the household. Be sure to carefully document all the assets you own and obtain fair
market value estimates for your assets. Similarly, gather information on all unpaid liabilities and other
debts. Once these data have been input into the balance sheet, calculate your net worth and the current
and debt ratios for your situation. Be sure to comment on the status of your asset and liability situation
and what the financial ratios indicate about your financial situation.
Assets
Checking Account: $485
Car: $8000
Shoes: $400
Clothes: $300
Electronics: $1300
Watch: $75 Total Assets: $10560
liabilities
Chase Bill: $75.24
Discover Bill: $6.28
St. Mary Medical Bill: $72.61 Total Liabilities: $154.13
Net Worth: $10405.87
Current Ratio: 68.51
Debt Ratio: 0.02%
I do’t hae a det fro loas eause  parets are paig for ollege. As for my Assets, that is
almost everything that has value. I have a high current ratio which means I can meet most short-term
obligations. As for the debt ratio it means for every dollar I have, I have 2 cents worth of liabilities.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Hiren patel: complete the following automobile purchasing steps for yourself. Depending on what is most relevant for you, either use your current financial information or your anticipated information after you graduate: figure out what are your transportation needs. I also expect a monthly wage, so i can afford to put to to finance a new car, therefore. I (cid:449)o(cid:374)"t have to pay for it all at once: shop for a loan if you plan to borrow money. I do(cid:374)"t pla(cid:374) to get a loa(cid:374): research specific models of vehicles and identify those that best meet your needs and budget. The lowest estimate i received was from geico, which was per month: locate the specific vehicle you will purchase and negotiate a purchase price. The price for a new 2017 bmw 3 series 320i is . Be sure to carefully document all the assets you own and obtain fair market value estimates for your assets.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers