MGMT 3000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 18: Daniel H. Pink, Equity Theory, Job Design

28 views3 pages

Document Summary

Motivation- desire, stimulus, or incentive to pursue a particular course of action: extrinsic rewards- pay, promotions, perks, status. Daniel pink theory: extrinsic rewards- such rewards do(cid:374)"t i(cid:373)p(cid:396)o(cid:448)e a(cid:374)d (cid:373)a(cid:455) i(cid:374) fa(cid:272)t (cid:396)eta(cid:396)d, three intrinsic motivational factors. Content theories: maslo(cid:449)"s hie(cid:396)a(cid:396)(cid:272)h(cid:455) of (cid:374)eeds theo(cid:396)(cid:455)- go up the order, t o ensure the greatest level of satisfaction. What need i(cid:374) maslo(cid:449)"s hierarchy does not appear to be fulfilled for. Thomas green in his new position with dynamic display. Applying the theory, which need does not appear to be fulfilled for. Act as drivers of satisfaction and dissatisfaction are: Hygiene factors- potential source of dissatisfaction: salary, security, work conditions. Motivators- highly satisfied: achievement, recognition, challenge. Blank should be driving any dissatisfaction that green is experiencing in his new position at dynamic display, while blank should be driving the absence of satisfaction that he is experiencing in his position. Hygiene factors; motivators: acquired needs theory.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers