WMST 2010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Learned Helplessness, Genderqueer, Ac Power
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Gender As A Social Construction 11/2/16 12:27 AM
Before VS. After World War II
Rosie the Riveter
• Work outside home
• Still takes care of children
• What does “normal” mean?
o Socially acceptable, the standard, what’s expected.
ACCEPTANCE. VALUE. ALL PRIVILEGE.
• What does it imply?
• What gets to be “normal”?
• Relationship to “average” or “majority”?
• Why is it’s own invisibility important?
• What factors contribute to this concept?
Not part of the system
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version