• The man on the bridge trolley hypothetical,more personal but same sacriﬁce of one life for ﬁve
• Your happiness or emotions should deﬁnitely be considered in the overall goodness of the action
Bridge-trolley hypo -Are ﬁve lives worth one and a life ruined because of your actions?
• The sophisticated utilitarian thinks that you should instill certain rules like to never kill because we are human
and make errors in our calculations of goodness when we try to stick to true simple utilitarianism
Self sacriﬁce should not be thought because we make errors
Goodness is increased slightly by following societal standards and emotions,because if sacriﬁce and killing
are all accepted for certain reasons,error will happen and societal as a whole will be worse
‣ For the sake of society allow some situations where impartiality is ignored
• If you are willing to kill yourself as a good utilitarianism should you not since you will probably do more good
in the world than others due to your strong good morality?
• Sophisticated utilitarianism's goal:"Create