Communication
Course
COMM 100
Professor
Fotopoulos
Semester
Fall

Description
[Double-click here. Your first and last name here.]/ 1 [TEMPLATE FOR AN INFORMATIVE SPEECH PREPARATION OUTLINE] [Title/Topic] [*Note: Any material in [brackets] should NOT be included in your preparation outline; only include what it explains you should add.] I. INTRODUCTION A. [Greeting] B. [Attention Getter—Grab the attention of the audience—i.e. quotation (must cite), question(s) [Audience Adaptation—Option], anecdote, visual/audio aid, startling statement, humor, stat/fact (must cite), suspense.] a. [Slide—Name of General Topic and Your name] C. [Intro of self and audience--Clearly introduce yourself and your general topic—i.e. My name is ______, and I will be informing you about…] D. [Credibility Statement – Answer the question "Why should we listen to YOU?" Give some type of factual information or some reference that will show that you know what you are talking about. This could be the fact that you had a class on the topic, or that you have done a lot of research, or that you have first-hand experience with your topic, or you are an expert, etc. i.e. I am an expert or knowledgeable about this topic because…] E. [Audience Analysis--Relate topic to audience. Tell your audience why your topic is relevant, beneficial, or important to them i.e. This speech will be beneficial to you because…] a. [Slide—General Topic and bullet key points, visual aid—make reference to visual aid] F. [Thesis/CIS – Briefly reveal your topic and state your three subpoints, i.e. Today, I will be informing you on…, specifically on ______, ______, and ______.] II. BODY A. [Transition and First Point in your Thesis--Your first subpoint in your thesis goes here-it MUST be one complete sentence—i.e. First, I will be informing you about…] [Slide--Keywords of First Point, photo, graph, video clip, 3D visual, diagram, map, etc. that will enhance your point—stke reference to visual aid] 1. [Evidence and 1 Citation—Give concrete and credible evidence for your information—i.e. According to BusinessWeek.com (2015), “…”] a. [Explanation of Evidence and Give an Example—Explain your first citation research to support your cited statement. You can use stat/fact, quotes, examples, stories, or information to support this point. ] nd 2. [Evidence and 2 Citation—Give concrete and credible evidence for your information—i.e. Devito (2014) states, “…” (p. 17).] [Your last name here]2 a. [Explanation of Evidence and Give an Example—Explain your second citation research to support your cited statement. You can use stat/fact, quotes, examples, stories, or information to support this point. ] b. [Audience Adaptation—Option.] [Slide--Keywords of First Point, photo, graph, video clip, 3D visual, diagram, map, etc. that will enhance your point—make reference to visual aid] B. [Transition and Second Point in your Thesis--Your second main point goes here-it MUST be one complete sentence—i.e. Next, I will be informing you about…] rd 1. [Evidence and 3 Citation—Give concrete and credible evidence for your information—i.e. According to Hammond (2014), “…” (p. 17).] a. [Explanation of Evidence and Give an Example—Explain your first citation research to support your cited statement. You can use stat/fact, quotes, examples, stories, or information to support this point. ] th 2. [Evidence and 4 Citation—Give concrete and credible evidence for your information—i.e.
More Less

Related notes for COMM 100

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit