COMM 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 41: Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act Of 2009, Domestic Violence, Sexual Objectification

29 views19 pages
10 Aug 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Page 3 of 19: i directed the show. Transition statement: in order to find a solution, i decided to think about the context in which the play was written. You: history of h2$/gender politics at the time, h2$ was written at a very different time, ideas come from the 1950s and 1960s, based on book by shepherd meade published 1952. Page 8 of 19: subordinate to men in positions of authority. Men treated women in workplace however they wanted: no laws against sexual harassment. You: (cid:498)sexual harassment(cid:499) hadn"t even been invented yet, the world in which this play was written was very different than in today. Transition statement: but then i asked myself, is it really that different now: sexual inequality today. Page 10 of 19: started thinking about gender politics today . You: even though it"s no longer legal to pay women less than men on basis of gender, it still happens, an article in the washington.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers