EAES 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 21: Starved Rock State Park, Billion Years, Ordovician

61 views14 pages

Document Summary

Iclicker: what type of rock is granite: igneous, note: for an exam, i would not expect you to know a granite is igneous. I said a granite that formed from magma cooling, i would expect you to recognize that it is an igneous rock. St. peters sandstone-ordovician: ordovician beach deposits, well rounded, well sorted. Iclicker: what type of sedimentary rock is sandstone: clastic. Fracking sands: st. peters sandstone sand mined from the area near starved rock state park in lasalle. Mining companies have spent tens of millions of dollars to buy land in the county, adding at least 3100 acres since 2005. 490-408 mya: in subsurface near chicago, regional bedrock (quarry on field trip, almost all dolomite/limestone, many fossils, indicate that was chicago near equator, 700" 1100" thick. Iclicker: what type of sedimentary rock is limestone/dolostone: biochemical, note: technically, it can also be chemical. However, we were referring to a limestone/dolostone which had fossils, which would be biochemical.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers