COM 249 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Albert Bandura, Functional Analysis, Ethnocentrism

49 views3 pages

Document Summary

Theories of media and society: functional analysis, surveillance of the environment i. Ex: social trends: correlation of different elements of society i. The media"s job to show us what is going on in other cultures and societies: transmission of culture from one generation to the next i. Rapid development of communications media in the postwar years was dominated by multinational elites based in the most powerful nations, subjecting the newly independent postcolonial nations, developing countries to cultural imperialism. Innovators are highly cosmopolite and open to new things. Heavy television viewers are more likely to: Say fear of crime is a serious personal problem. A candidate"s success depends on how well his or her basic message resonates with and reinforces voters" pre existing political feelings. Views the political campaign as a competition for the hearts and minds of voters. A candidate"s response to an attack is an important as the attack itself.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers