PSYCH 303 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Juvenile Delinquency, Cheetos, Ice Cream

33 views3 pages

Document Summary

Bivariate claims are association between two variables i. e. ) Bivariate association claims: association claims involve two levels of description, measurement of two variables i. e. ) Attendance and test performance: relationship between those variables i. e. ) More frequent attendance is associated with better test performance: has a symmetrical predictive inference i. e. ) People who did well on the test were probably in attendance often and people who were attending often probably did relatively well on the test. If points are two spread out, so that low scores on one variable are related to both high and low scores on the other variable there is zero association: relationships, linear, curvilinear, none. Ice cream sales and shark attacks positive. Outliers: extreme values that have a disproportionate effect on the correlation, especially when the sample size is small. Is <0. 30 too low: maybe, but we need to consider all of the factors that might account for that variance, correlates of life satisfaction, (cid:862)r(cid:863) =0-0. 15.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers