PSYCH 477 Lecture Notes - Lecture 17: Tads, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Pediatrics

28 views5 pages
6 Dec 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Youth suicide (cid:894)guest lecture: alejandra arango(cid:895) death materials. Self-harm behaviors (terms and definitions) wake up) or severe (e. g. i want to take my own life, plan suicide attempt) indicator of different levels of risk. Non suicidal any behavior to cause harm to their body without intent of. Suicide ideation thoughts of suicide, passive (e. g. i want to sleep and not. Other (preparatory) suicide behavior writing suicide note, gathering. Suicide attempt non fatal behavior engage din to end your end life. Suicide any death as a results of any self-inflicted injury. Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death for youth and young adults in the past year 17% of high school students have engaged in severe suicidal thoughts. 8% make an attempt at suicide sex differences in suicide deaths. Started around age 12/13 there begins to exist a gender difference in suicide deaths females are more likely to experience ideation and suicide attempt.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers