HISTORY 112 Lecture Notes - Lecture 21: Spanish Inquisition, Family Resemblance, Nirvana (Buddhism)

16 views3 pages

Document Summary

If you do not ask me what time is, i know; if you ask me, i do not know . Inescapability of religion: kim davis christian hero in kentucky, refuses to give gay marriage licenses, separation between church and state, isis propaganda video where they took over muslim museum in. Sacred places, artifacts: connects you with ultimate reality. History of the science of religion: *** chart. Family resemblance of religions: hinduism, buddhism, judaism, ancient mediterranean religions. 14: where did we come from, cosmologies (sproul) 15: what should we do while we"re here, community: relationship with other humans, moral/ethical compass, ritual calendar, organization of time, relationship with the divine (though not always buddhism) 16: what happens to us when we die, samsara, moksha (hinduism, samsara, nirvana (buddhism, pretty much nothing (judaism, ancient mediterranean religions, heaven or hell (christianity, final judgment by allah (islam) Epoche (greek: suspension of judgment: our definition: need to gather information before making judgments.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers