NRC 261 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Endangered Species, Wolf Reintroduction, Canada Goose

34 views3 pages

Document Summary

If we don"t value things, we disregard them as being important. When value is placed, it becomes important relative to the degree that it is valued. There is no free lunch someone has to pay and its either money or sacrifice (time or. Use to say kill peregrine falcon whenever opportunity arose. Cows in some countries are sacred, in others, it is normal to kill cows. In china dog meat is a delicacy, keeps you warm in winter. Wolf reintroduction into yellowstone: complete ecosystem vs. livestock predation. Spotted owls in the northwest: endangered species vs. loggers/jobs. Mountain lions in the west: joggers vs. preservation. Fur and feathers vs. scales and slime. Trapping and hunting: subsistence vs. recreation. Economic/crop and livestock damage i had a cow, a lion ate my cow and now i don"t have a cow disease reservoirs lyme disease etc. Political bald eagles are protected, jets fly low and disturb bald eagles, jets banned to.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers