PSYCH 240 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Squared Deviations From The Mean, Descriptive Statistics, Central Tendency

25 views2 pages

Document Summary

10:41 pm: statistics, mathematical tools for the organization, analysis, and interpretation of data, descriptive statistics summarize and describe a dataset c. Height: distribution- collection of scores across a number of data collection units, types of variables, you have to know what kind of variable you"re working with, numeric/quantitative- values of the variables are numbers i. Response times, packs of cigarettes smoked: nominal/categorical- values of variable are verbal labels i. Line up type, martial status: equal interval- equal-sized changes in the variable represent equal-sized changes in what is being measured i. Examples: temp, weight: ordinal- valuese of variable only indicate the rank of the score i. ii. Number lines should be considered ordinal but some are not watch out for this: continuous- variable for which there are no gaps in the values that the variable can take. There are an infinite number of possible values between any two scores i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers