PSYCH 355 Lecture 9: Adolescent Psych – Lecture 9

32 views3 pages

Document Summary

Identity and development during adolescence: esta(cid:271)lishi(cid:374)g a(cid:374) i(cid:374)tegrated se(cid:374)se of self is (cid:448)ital to su(cid:272)(cid:272)essful fu(cid:374)(cid:272)tio(cid:374)i(cid:374)g i(cid:374) today"s so(cid:272)ial world. It"s a key ele(cid:373)e(cid:374)t i(cid:374) edu(cid:272)atio(cid:374)al a(cid:374)d (cid:448)o(cid:272)atio(cid:374)al (cid:272)hoices and the capacity to engage in close personal relationships. An acute stage of identity crisis personal crisis over identity and as a result has defined spiritual, typified by active self exploration and seeking vocational, and moral personal values and direction commitments. No experience of an identity crisis and attempting to avoid. No experience of a crisis over identity nor any progress in one by making premature developing personal values or a commitments to a goal without vocational direction any personal searching or exploration. Contemporary theories of identity development: there are other theoretical and empirical perspectives on how adolescents acquire a mature sense of self, some researchers have studied self-concept or how children and adolescents cognitively define self.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers