Limits on Government and Right to Revolution
When is there a right to disobey political authority or a right to revolution?
Believes citizens must uphold the social contract or can't revel against just or legitimate
1. Operate through consent
2. Respect fundamental ends and obey limits, including:
◦ protect individual rights and liberty
◦ act through rule of law, standing/declared law, and known, authorized judges
◦ don't take property or tax without consent
◦ don't transfer law-making power to other bodies
By corollary, whenever governments fail to uphold these or use "unjust and unlawful force,"
they dissolve their legitimating social contract and there is a right of revolution
Further Justifications for a Limited Right to Revolution