PSYCH-2245 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Neuropsychological Test, Sensorium, Discriminant

128 views4 pages
School
Department
Professor

Document Summary

Psych 2245: chapter 3: clinical assessment, diagnosis, and. Research methods: describe the nature and function of clinical assessment and the concepts that determine the value of assessment, clinical assessment a. i. A systematic approach to evaluating aspects of an individual"s life to determine diagnosis: diagnosis b. i. When a professional must determine if the individual"s symptoms meet certain requirements to be classified as a disorder (dsm 5: assessment c. i. Starts by gathering a lot of general information about the patient and becomes more concentrated and specific about their inquiries to find a solution c. ii. Test- retest: makes sure that the results are consistent throughout time c. ii. 3. b. Inter-rater: two raters looking at reliability and closeness of measures c. iii. 1. c. iii. 2. How well something is measured and whether the correct thing is measured c. iii. 3. Comparing the results of your findings with ones that already exist c. iii. 3. b. How accurate your findings will be in the c. iv.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers