EXSS 175 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Hip Bone, Trochanter, Blood Vessel

30 views4 pages

Document Summary

Foramen: opening through which blood vessels, nerves, or ligaments pass. Serve as attachment sites for connective tissue: what the primary types? (processes that form joints) Crest: prominent ridge or elongated projection (i. e. illiac of hip bone) Tubercle: projection above a condyle (i. e. medial epicondyle of, sharp, slender projection (i. e. s. p. of vertebra, very large projection (i. e. greater trochanter of femur, small, rounded projection (i. e. greater tubercle of the humerus) Important muscular terms: origin, insertion, action, innervation. Placement of muscle attachment for the stationary bone. Placement of the muscle attachment for the bone it moves. Sagittal plane - divides body into unequal left and right sides. Frontal (coronal) plane: divides into equal right and left sides. Divides the body into superior and inferior portions. Flexion: what are the basic joint actions in the sagittal plane? think of examples. Tuberosity: large, rounded, usually roughened projection (i. e. ischial)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers