REC 359 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Belmont Report, Testicular Cancer, Institutional Review Board

19 views4 pages
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Purpose of irb to make sure that human participants in research are protected. September 21, 2016 from harm/treated in an ethical matter: irb created back in the 1970s. The irb look at and approve all research with human participants: ex: research done by uncw faculty, students, and staff must be approved by the irb to make sure they aren"t doing anything unethical or bad. Irb has to approve funded and non-funded research. Hey look at what i found and i think this is generalizable to people in this area because of x, y, and z i found . Human subjects- a living individual who participants in research by getting data through interaction with the individual or getting identifiable private information: example of identifiable private information: a patient"s medical records. Types of research with human subjects: program evaluation. May or may not be research depending on what they do with the knowledge they gain.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers