ASLS 615 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Institute Of Education Sciences, Type I And Type Ii Errors, Agency For Healthcare Research And Quality

51 views13 pages

Document Summary

Advance organizer: discuss ebp as a decision-making process, forming an answerable clinical question. Ebp as a decision-making process: 1. The client: from an adult client who stutters: I was kinda thinking about getting a speak easy because my dad mentioned it to me on the phone one day. To clarify; i"m not looking for, or expect a quick fix cure. But maybe if such a device would help, and improve my confidence it would be worth the ,000+. What the ebp trained clinician does: develops a well-framed clinical question; the pico model: the system developed by sackett et al. (2000) can be remembered by the acronym pico. The specific patient being considered should be described briefly. The intervention being considered must be identified. A comparison treatment (such as the existing tx or no tx) should be specified, if relevant. The desired outcome should be clearly specified.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers