CYAF 160 Lecture 11: Chapter 7

38 views4 pages

Document Summary

Physical development: growth in middle childhood, lose baby teeth", growth: slow & steady i. Feel more connected to school less likely to drop-out. Improved self-esteem & confidence f: fewer behavioral problems i. Able to resist risky behaviors: potential risks, some potential negative outcomes i. Physical injuries; stress & anxiety; violence & aggression; drug-use & delinquency: negative outcomes due to: i. Behaviors of coaches, teammates, & parents: fine motor development. Increased ability in fine motor skills a: writing improves and becomes smaller & neater, fine motor skills will reach adult maturity by end of middle childhood. Ex: mentally pouring the water back & recognizing that the amount doesn"t change: classification, the ability to sort objects & events with similar characteristics i. Are there more tulips or more flowers: seriation, ability to arrange objects in a logical order i. Ex: shortest to longest, smallest to biggest: during middle childhood: children can do this physically & mentally i. ii. iii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers