EDPS 250 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Gender Role, Age 13, Delayed Gratification

38 views4 pages
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

A state that energized, directs, and sustains behavior. All children, adolescents, and adults are motivated in one form or another. External factors unrelated to the task and outside of the individual. Goals influence the level of students engagement in school learning tasks and the kinds of learning strategies that they use. Desire to acquire additional knowledge or master new skills. Desire to acquire additional knowledge or master new skills (intrinsic) Enjoy learning and challenge, likely to persist when challenged. Desire to look good and receive favorable judgments from others or avoid punishment (extrinsic) When i fail, i choose an easier task or give up (performance) When i turn in assignments, i want feedback on them (mastery) I want to please my parents by doing well in school (performance) When i make a mistake i feel like a failure (performance) I practice swimming every day to obtain a medal in swimming (performance) (performance) Gaining approval from others (e. g. parents or peers)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers