Spring 2017

Department
Religious Studies Program
Course Code
RELG 307
Professor
Turner
Lecture

This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full 4 pages of the document.
RELG307 Lecture 16 Notes
Gospel of Mark
o Mark, an apostle of Jesus
Mark is’t iluded i a of the offiial lists of Apostles
o It egis…
Ter egiig a refer to ertai poit of tet
Ter gospel
Luke does’t use this ter—instead speaks of Word of God
Essetiall eas good es
o Christian context: story about Jesus as savior of humanity
o Jesus died on the cross for others
o God rose Him from the dead
o Prophecy
3 predictions Jesus takes—the “o of Ma’s passio/ruifiio
being handed over
dying
rising on the third day
they will all be excluded from the synagogue
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
find more resources at oneclass.com RELG307 Lecture 16 Notes  Gospel of Mark o Mark, an apostle of Jesus  Mark is▯’t i▯▯luded i▯ a▯▯ of the offi▯ial lists of Apostles o It ▯egi▯s…  Ter▯ ▯▯egi▯▯i▯g▯ ▯a▯ refer to ▯ertai▯ poi▯t of te▯t  Ter▯ ▯gospel▯  Luke does▯’t use this ter▯—instead speaks of Word of God  Esse▯tiall▯ ▯ea▯s ▯good ▯e▯s▯ o Christian context: story about Jesus as savior of humanity o Jesus died on the cross for others o God rose Him from the dead o Prophecy  3 predictions Jesus takes—the “o▯ of Ma▯’s passio▯/▯ru▯ifi▯io▯  being handed over  dying  rising on the third day  they will all be excluded from the synagogue find more resources at oneclass.com find more resources at oneclass.com  families of believers will undergo discrimination  false messiahs  destruction of Temple o John the Baptist  Judean countryside and all of Jerusalem came to him to be baptized  Confessed their sins  ▯O▯e ▯o▯es ▯ho is greater tha▯ I…I a▯ ▯ot ▯orth▯ to u▯tie his sa▯dals▯  ▯I ▯aptize ▯ou ▯ith ▯ater, ▯ut he ▯ill ▯aptize ▯ou ▯ith the Hol▯ “pirit▯ o Baptism and Testing of Jesus  Came from Nazareth  Baptized by John in Jordan  Heavens opened and Spirit descended upon him/into him like a dove  Voice from heaven  ▯You are ▯▯ ▯elo▯ed “o▯, ▯ith ▯ou I a▯ ▯ell pleased▯ o Psalm 2  Sent out to be tempted in wilderness  Forty days o Jesus Announces Good News  The Kingdom of God is at hand o Jesus Calls His First Disciples  Calls Simon and Andrew  Make you fishers of men  Immediately left nets and followed  James and John  Immediately left their father Zebedee o Jesus Drives Out an Impure Spirit  Capernaum on Sabbath day  A lot of things that Jesus does, He does on the Sabbath o This is supposed to be a day of rest o Controversy stories/debates between Jesus and the law  De▯ate does▯’t ▯o▯e up o▯ this parti▯ular ▯ase, will later  Jesus calls out the evil spirit from a man  Ma▯ ▯ried out ▯What ha▯e ▯ou to do ▯ith us? Ha▯e ▯ou ▯o▯e to destroy us? I k▯o▯ ▯ho ▯ou are, the hol▯ o▯e of God!▯ o I=the demon  Key point throughout this Gospel find more resources at oneclass.com find more resources at oneclass.com  The o▯l▯ o▯es ▯ho reall▯ k▯o▯ Jesus’ identity as the Son of God are demons, not humans o One exception: John the Baptist 
More Less
Unlock Document

Only page 1 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

You've reached the limit of 4 previews this month

Create an account for unlimited previews.

Already have an account?

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit