SOCI 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Macrosociology, Microsociology, Creativity

23 views2 pages
30 Jan 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Social structure and social interaction: what are the benefits of many students getting a liberal arts education in the. Macro and micro sociology: microsociology small interactions, small level, macrosociology broader context, symbolic interactionism what people do when they come together, conflict and functionalist theorists focuses on the broad features of society. The physi(cid:272)al a(cid:271)ility to walk (cid:373)ay for(cid:373) a perso(cid:374)"s ide(cid:374)tity. It (cid:373)ay i(cid:374)flue(cid:374)(cid:272)e their decisions on a daily basis. Whe(cid:374) fa(cid:373)ilies are (cid:862)dysfu(cid:374)(cid:272)tio(cid:374)al(cid:863) they i(cid:373)pa(cid:272)t other i(cid:374)stitutio(cid:374)s: walking. Social structure framework of society that surrounds us. Crosswalks: guides our behavior, behaviors are learned because of our social location in social structure. Culture our shared culture makes us similar to one another and makes other people seem different: nonmaterial (symbolic) and material culture. Based on education, occupational prestige, and income: social structure hierarchies. Position you hold in your social class. High prestige: law, medicine, engineering, etc. Low prestige: tore (cid:272)lerk, m(cid:272)do(cid:374)ald"s worker, et(cid:272).

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers