PSY 335 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Mild Cognitive Impairment, Therapeutic Relationship, Inter-Rater Reliability

33 views11 pages
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Access and underutilization: ethnic minorities less likely to receive mental health care due to decreased access and often lower quality care, beliefs and attitudes about mental health care. Cultural bound syndromes: clinicians must demonstrate cultural sensitivity and cultural competence, variations in expression of distress, cultural norms and values. Establishing rapport: high rates of clients don"t return. Gathering information: identify presenting problem, symptoms, history, chronicity, severity, resources and support. Consider the setting: what makes an environment comfortable for a client. Therapist tasks and strategies (in all stages of therapy, but starting in stage. 1: being genuinely empathetic and curious, open ended questions, reflectively listen, show respect, show acceptance, slow down, communicate desire to understand, ask permission, verbalizing noticing. Working alliance inventory (wai: like rt answer 1(never)-7(always, professional. We are working towards mutually agreed upon goals. I am confident in my ability to help ______________: client. We have established a good understanding of the changes that would be good for me.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers