CHS 102 Lecture Notes - Lecture 24: Fecal Occult Blood, Pap Test, Insulin Resistance

44 views1 pages
28 Nov 2018
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Only from animal fats and oil, the body produces ~ 200mg/day, heredity plays a part, the body produces 4 types of cholesterol, low-density lipoproteins (ldl, very low-density lipoproteins (vldl, high-density lipoproteins (hdl, triglycerides, hdl a, ldl. Increased with chronic aerobic training: controlled by diet and medication, a diet that is 30% fat will not lower cholesterol levels. Diabetes: type i: lack of insulin; rapid onset, 10% of all diabetics, type ii: insulin resistance; 90% of all diabetics, primarily linked to obesity, slow onset, usually a family history c, can be controlled with diet and exercise. Insulin is not always required: type iii: alzheimers disease, chronic insulin deficiency and resistance in the brain. Cancer: key terms, tumor, benign vs malignant (https://youtu. be/3whyoeeasd8, local invasion vs metastasis, primary vs secondary cancer, cancer prevention, awareness i. ii. Pap smear i: mammography and breast exams iii. iv. Fecal occult blood and colonoscopy: healthy lifestyle choices i. ii. iii. iv. v.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers