POLI 1500 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Chuck Grassley, Des Moines, Iowa, The Huffington Post

39 views3 pages

Document Summary

I write this letter in dire hope of bringing light to a co(cid:374)cer(cid:374) i feel ce(cid:374)tral to io(cid:449)a"s society. Specifically, here in iowa city, it seems that individual health is far from primary concern. Due to obesity rates i believe that this topic requires heightened attention. As a freshman, i am currently studying counseling psychology at the university of iowa, and i feel that psychological concerns surrounding obesity trumps even the physical negative aspects. Rarely do we hear news of spikes in obesity rates rising in other parts of the world due to their new found efficient means of transportation. As americans are comfortable using automobiles for daily transportation, in other nations, especially europeans, people are much more accustomed to walking in their routine, even if this means simply walking to train station. National institute of diabetes and digestive and kidney diseases has even published a recent article about the epidemic.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers