PSY 1001 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Major Depressive Episode, Major Depressive Disorder, Allostasis

65 views5 pages

Document Summary

Elementary psychology final exam study guide (discussion notes) The biologically and environmentally determined characteristics within the person that account for distinctive and relatively enduring patterns of thinking, feeling, and acting a. ii. Personality psychology studies these individual differences and how they can help us predict and understand behavior. Trait theory of personality: lexical hypothesis (allport) a. i. If there are traits to describe human behavior, then we must have a word for them a. ii. So what do we do with 4504 traits? a. iii. 1. a. iii. 2. We see what traits are related to one-another and cluster them together. Multiple raters: research using other"s reports show that there is high agreement between self and other reports of personality on some traits: a. i. Agreeableness: what"s missing, the big five doesn"t include some things that others may see as a personality trait: a. i. Temperament: temperament- individual differences in the child"s tendencies toward certain emotions and behavioral patterns a. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers