HIST 102 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Fokker E.Ii, Enlightened Absolutism, American Civil War

54 views6 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Enlightened absolutism and limited monarchy: recall, something about the colonies, british and french fighting against each other; seven years war ends, with british victory against france all around the world (europe, caribbean, india) b. i. French lose canada, ally spain loses florida b. ii. 1763, british seem to be at the height of their power: control almost all of the. However, stuff starts to go wrong in britain b. ii. 1. a. When the war ends, british citizens are taxed to pay for it. Especially want to tax na since they were the ones being protected b. ii. 1. b. Na colonies are unhappy, 1776, 13 of them declare themselves independent b. ii. 1. b. i. Declaration of independence is very related to the. France sees an opportunity and helps america: 1783. We adopt the constitution and bill of rights, which reflect enlightenment thought b. ii. 1. d. i. Supporters of the enlightenment in the us thought they could implement natural law pretty easily since they were making a new country b. ii. 1. d. i. 1.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers