POLS 202 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Class Consciousness, English Defence League, Oxbridge

47 views5 pages

Document Summary

28 map: total land mass of uk is 93 thousand square miles (most similar to oregon); only about. Single parliament in westminster london that governs the entire country, although ni, wales and scot have assemblies that can deal with local matters: demographics d. i. Very densely populated because of the small landmass: 90% of people in england live in urban areas d. iv. 2. Not very rich in resources and has to import much of its food: vital statistics e. i. Life expectancy: males 78 years, women 82 years e. iii. Virtually 100% literacy: not much regional diversity, london essentially dominates everything: hub of commercial, entertainment, political f. i. Over 1/8 of all of england live in london and surrounding suburbs: besides london, population is overwhelmingly white, protestant (although everyone is generally secular) and homogenous, employment profile: h. i. Service 80. 4% ; industry 18. 2% ; agriculture 1. 4% h. ii. 1. In the uk they are based on a. i. 1. a. i. 2. a. i. 3. Class: ethnic groups in the united kingdom b. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers