Knowledge: Recall data or information
◦ Recite a policy. Quote prices from memory to a customer. Knows the safety rules.
◦ defines, describes, identifies, knows, labels, lists matches, names, outlines, recalls,
recognizes, reproduces, selects, states
Comprehension: Understand the meaning, translation, interpolation and interpretation of instructions
and problems. State a problem in one's own words.
◦ Rewrites the principles of test writing. Explain in ones own words the steps for performing a
complex task. Translates an equation into a computer spreadsheet.
• Key words:
◦ comprehends, converts, defends, distinguishes, estimates, explains, extends, generalizes,
gives examples, infers, interprets, paraphrases, predict, rewrites, summarizes, translates\
Application: Use a concept in a new situation or unprompted use of an abstraction.Applies what was
learned in the classroom into novel situations in the work place.
◦ Use a manual to calculate an employees vacation time.Apply laws of statistics to evaluate
the reliability of a written test
• Key words:
◦ applies, changes, computes, constructs, demonstrates, discovers, manipulates, modifies,
operates, predicts, prepares, produces, relates, shows, solves, uses
Analysis: Separates material or concepts into component parts so that its organizational structure may
be understood. Distinguishes be