Chapter 1- What is personality?
What does it mean to be a person?
• Personality psychology
◦ Scientific study of the psychological forces that make people uniquely themselves
Eight key aspects of personality
• Unconscious forces: copying others' movements
• Ego forces: underlying way to how we act
• Cognitive forces: what other people perceive as good and bad
• Biological forces: individual genetic code
• Conditioning forces: environment contributes to personality
• Traits: individual peoples trait factors (anxiety, anger, optimism)
• Spiritual forces: life fulfillment
• Person- situation interaction: the way an i