BIOL - Biological Sciences
Course
BIOL 303
Professor
Waldman
Semester
Spring

Description
Week 12 Ch la Cancer Regulation of ne cell cycie t Cancer is cnet 3 e age th the level of somori c ce not c Me to inherited mutahon problem or series of pro olems som atic cells Cancer involves orrm at uncontrolled erowit n of ce spread of cancer ce s met astasis Cancer is associate a en ins to lailutY Fig mot ou cancers n ave. Crazy karyotypes Clon 01 origin of concer ce start s single cell w multiple mutations ws heterogene Wrnors can recruit normal cells Cancer stem cell hypothesis: the original stem cell s) that caused the cancer; source of tumor VIO 01111 Y w in order io cure cancer, one needs e Str ay the stem cell(s) Concer is a mult step process requires step mutation stages of cancer a more aggressive a 2 Cancer Ce conta eiene tic Defect in Affects euenomic Staci lity DNA Repo Chromotin Modifications acnornic Instokility Defective ONA Repair Defective DNA repair correlates w cancer i X P B Lynch Syndrome N Gene amplifications Dowove minutes Homogenous staining region Philadelphia coro mo some found in almost Casta o t Chronic mnie ogen ou kemia translo canon t (01, 22) VA People hove spent a lo oe one Gut Specific mutations not cause vanous cancers to guide therapies Cancer vaccine inch mnmotherapy i treatment Specifically cirect the innmune system CAB T cev therapy adop ve cevi trans er Chrom ati Modi ati on Cancer Epigeneha Week 12 Ch la Cancer Regulation of ne cell cycie t Cancer is cnet 3 e age th the level of somori c ce not c Me to inherited mutahon problem or series of pro olems som atic cells Cancer involves orrm at uncontrolled erowit n of ce spread of cancer ce s met astasis Cancer is associate a en ins to lailutY Fig mot ou cancers n ave. Crazy karyotypes Clon 01 origin of concer ce start s single cell w multiple mutations ws heterogene Wrnors can recruit normal cells Cancer stem cell hypothesis: the original stem cell s) that caused the cancer; source of tumor VIO 01111 Y w in order io cure cancer, one needs e Str ay the stem cell(s) Concer is a mult step process requires step mutation stages of cancer a more aggressive a 2 Cancer Ce conta eiene tic Defect in Affects euenomic Staci lity DNA Repo Chromotin Modifications acnornic Instokility Defective ONA Repair Defective DNA repair correlates w cancer i X P B Lynch Syndrome N Gene amplifications Dowove minutes Homogenous staining region Philadelphia coro mo some found in almost Casta o t Chronic mnie ogen ou kemia translo canon t (01, 22) VA People hove spent a lo oe one Gut Specific mutations not cause vanous cancers to guide therapies Cancer vaccine inch mnmotherapy i treatment Specifically cirect the innmune system CAB T cev therapy adop ve cevi trans er Chrom ati Modi ati on Cancer Epigeneha9.3 Cancer Co- US contoin Cherne tic Defects in the cycle checkpoints in cell cycle are damaged co Continues to divde mMtation Cyclins work wil cyclin dependent Kinase to help regulate cell cycle N Figure Contro of Apoptosis programmed cell death for the good of the organis can get mess d up in cancer BA homod pro motes apop osis oc12 homodimer blocks apoptosis PS3 guaration of the genome A Proto oncogenes B Tumor suppress or Genes are altered in cancer oncogene mutattoos Keep pnsning ce through cell cycle, tend to be cominant Tumor supures cr mura ons inabiity to Cell Cycle tend to be recess ve once you lose one copy of the genes,youare more ke wi to o e ne other oss o E heterozygos ras proto-oncogene n mutation gets ras sucs in cell Cycle N One Codonl amino acid change Cyclin D B cyclin E proto oncogenes Cyclin over expressed The PS3 Tumor suppressor Gien e Co 1. of cancers have problems w PS3 stress level is affectad by translation MDM2 nas to PS 3 to signal degrootontian After DNA clamage MDM2 does not loind dind a owls for PS3 accumu on RBI uppress or gene famillal VS sporatic 9.5 cancer ceus metastasize invade other Tissues enzymes autow CCIIS to move n cancer cells move to fairly specific s tes la. predisposition to some rancers can inherited ex Breast Cancer BRCA I or 2. 9.3 Cancer Co- US contoin Cherne tic Defects in the cycle checkpoints in cell cycle are damaged co Continues to divde mMtation Cyclins work wil cyclin dependent Kinase to help regulate cell cycle N Figure Contro of Apoptosis programmed cell death for the good of the organis can get mess d up in cancer BA homod pro motes apop osis oc12 homodimer blocks apoptosis PS3 guaration of the genome A Proto oncogenes B Tumor suppress or Genes are altered in cancer oncogene mutattoos Keep pnsning ce through cell cycle, tend to be cominant Tumor supures cr mura ons inabiity to Cell Cycle tend to be recess ve once you lose one copy of the genes,youare more ke wi to o e ne other oss o E heterozygos ras proto-oncogene n mutation gets ras sucs in cell Cycle N One Codonl amino acid change Cyclin D B cyclin E proto oncogenes Cyclin over expressed The PS3 Tumor suppressor Gien e Co 1. of cancers have problems w PS3 stress level is affectad by translation
More Less

Related notes for BIOL 303

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit