Advertising
Course
ADV 305
Professor
Angelica Morris
Semester
Spring

Description
ADV 305 Alternative Strategies 3.1 Alternative Advertising Programs Identify new places where consumers and brand paths intersect Goals o To reach consumers in unexpected ways or situations that resonate with consumers o To reach consumers where there is less competition for attention Less clutter Require creativity and imagination 3 different types o Guerilla marketing o Product placement o Branded entertainment Three different alternative strategy programs Guerilla Marketing o Designed to bring instant results with limited resources and lowcost approaches o Rely on creativity and willingness to step outside the box o First step is to identify potential touch points with consumers Figuring out where your brand can interact with customers path o Strive to interact with consumers; not just send out a message o Efforts play a role in building brand recognition and loyalty Recognition and loyalty = two primary reasons why ppl would pursue guerrilla marketing o Goal is to create excitement and generate marketing o Tends to focus on specific geographic regions or areas I.e. wont see it on a nationwide scale i.e. might be city wide, etc. interesting, creative, eye catching o i.e. Bumble ex: discovery channel shark week: promote with surf boards that look like shark bit out of it ex: stop global warming inflatable life boats under park benches fear that some cities will go underwater Product placement o Planned insertion or a product in a movie, television show, book, or other form of entertainment o Used since 1890s Biggest surge in 1982 E.T. and Reeses Pieces o Benefits Increase awareness Develop more positive consumer attitudes toward brand o Primary advantage: Impressions do not stop after one view
More Less

Related notes for ADV 305

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit