DRAM 1310 Lecture Notes - Lecture 21: Konstantin Stanislavski, Method Acting, Kabuki

51 views3 pages
30 Jan 2017
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Actors work in different ways and use a combo of techniques. All actors are in the same play. Internal acting approach an acting approach that is based on a psychological investigation of character and actor identification with character; involves imagining character history and placing oneself in the character"s position. Identifying as close as possible with the actor. Look areas in character"s life that correspond to their own experiences. Own personal histories and reactions to contribute to the life they create for the characters. Subtext thoughts occur behind or between character"s line but go unspoken. Inner monologue translated from subtext, stream of consciousness, actors silent text. Expressed through vocal tone, gesture and facial expression. Physicalization that reflects the character"s state of mind. Begin with language, rhythm, sounds of the words. I cannot heave my heart into my mouth. Heave, heart and mouth have long vowel sound. Analysis of the linguistic structure and meaning of the words.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers