ECO-205 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Capital Outflow, Autarky, Macroeconomics

39 views3 pages

Document Summary

In this chapter, look for the answers to these questions. One of the ten principles of economics from chapter 1. This chapter introduces basic concepts of international macroeconomics. A closed economy does not interact with other economics around the world. An open economy interacts freely with other economies around the world. What do you think would happen to u. s. net exports if: = value of exports value of imports. Foreign produced goods and services sold domestically: canada experiences a recession (falling incomes, rising unemployment) Net exports would increase: us would not import as much (increased gdp) Net exports would increase: u. s. exports would increase and imports from. The exchange rates at which foreign currency trades for domestic currency. Nx (cid:373)easures the i(cid:373)(cid:271)ala(cid:374)(cid:272)e i(cid:374) a (cid:272)ou(cid:374)tr(cid:455)"s trade i(cid:374) goods a(cid:374)d ser(cid:448)i(cid:272)es. Balanced trade when exports = imports an excess of imports over exports an excess of exports over imports. Do(cid:373)esti(cid:272) reside(cid:374)ts" pur(cid:272)hases of foreig(cid:374) assets minus foreig(cid:374)ers" pur(cid:272)hases of do(cid:373)esti(cid:272) assets.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers