ECON 2305 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Ceteris Paribus, Microeconomics, Rationality

74 views2 pages
9 Sep 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

What is economics: economics- the study of how people allocate their limited resources to satisfy their unlimited wats. Resources thi(cid:374)gs used to produce goods a(cid:374)d ser(cid:448)ices to satisfy people"s wants. Wants- the things people would buy if their income was unlimited. Macroeconomics studies the behavior of the economy as a whole (changes in employment, general price levels, national income) Microeconomics study of decision making by individuals and firms. This study focuses on the small parts of the economy. Economic system- society"s i(cid:374)stitutio(cid:374) for deter(cid:373)i(cid:374)i(cid:374)g ho(cid:449) scarce resources are used to satisfy human desires: 3 economic questions. In this system, private parties make production decisions and people choose how to allocate their income: economic assumptions. Rationality assumption- assu(cid:373)ptio(cid:374) that people do(cid:374)"t i(cid:374)te(cid:374)tio(cid:374)ally (cid:373)ake decisions that would leave them worse off. Ceteris paribus model- assumption that nothing changes except for the factors being studied. Models- simplified representations of the real world used as the basis for factors being studied.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers