BLAW 3301 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Specific Performance, Liquidated Damages, Consequential Damages

86 views3 pages
30 Mar 2017
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Usury contracts charging more interest than it is allowed in the state law. Revenue raising: design to gain revenue for the state. Public policy contracts: non compete agreements. Courts will carefully see at this and decide if there is a public policy violation. The more restricted the agreement the less likely it will be enforceable o. Exculpatory clauses: when one of the parties want to disclaim all the liability no matter what happens, unconditional contracts. The reality of consent: not holding a person liable unless that promise was made with free will and consent, mistakes i. Mutual mistakes - when both sides are mistakenly about something i. 1. Conscious ignorance: knowing what you don"t know: unilateral mistake i. Only one party is mistaken, contract is still valid i. 1. doing a mistake, the contract is not valid. If the other party knew or should have known that the other party was. The defendant did a misrepresentation of fact i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers