BCMB 230 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Resting Potential, Peripheral Nervous System, Cerebral Cortex

16 views8 pages

Document Summary

Most of what we are talking about are muscles and glands these are called effectors muscles/glands. 2 ways to divide the nervous system: central nervous system a. i. Processing of information, decisions, storage of information a. iii. Technically no nerves here: peripheral nervous system b. i. Whats going into the cns and whats coming out of it b. iii. Nerves are strictly peripheral: connections between the two c. i. The cns controls aspects of the pns efferent pathway, motor c. i. 1. Motor control muscles that produce movement, also controls glands c. ii. Pns controls aspects of the cns afferent, sensory c. iii. Afferent vs. efferent is functional : sensory nervous system pns to cns d. i. Ex. pushing on finger, goes to cerebral cortex and we know the finger was touched, we know limb position d. ii. 2. We can send this information to other places in the brain besides the cerebral cortex d. ii. 3. We know when the bladder is full d. iii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers