GEOG 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: North European Plain, North Atlantic Current, Köppen Climate Classification

26 views2 pages

Document Summary

1: north european plain = low hills and plateaus, rhine and danube = central for transportation, mineral deposits, peninsula, large industrial cities and dense transportation (causes air pollution, densely occupied rural areas, europe"s climate, temperature midlatitude climate a. i. Moist all year, mild winters, long mid-hot summers a. ii. All of france, germany, austria, hungary, former yugoslavia countries, etc: mediterranean climate b. i. Warm, dry summers and mild, rainy winters b. ii. South edge of europe most of spain, some of italy, and all of portugal: continental climate c. i. Fairly hot and moist summers but long and cold winters c. ii. Because of varying climate throughout year houses must be built to accommodate both hot and cold c. iii. Finland, norway, sweden, some of eastern europe: north atlantic drift d. i. Brings warm and wet winds over the north european plain - brings moderate temp and rain: global weirding e. i. Heat wave in france in 2003, 2013 heavy rain causes dam to burst on: environment.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers