GEOG 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 25: Food Security, Public Health, Reducing Emissions From Deforestation And Forest Degradation

29 views3 pages

Document Summary

Restaurant, concert venue, soccer game: at least 129 killed, 415 injured d. Retaliation for french attacks on syria: deadliest attack in western europe since 2004 (spain commuter trains 191 dead, france in state of emergency f. i. Improvement of food security: growth of slums. Industrial pollution of water and air b. c: overall: rapid industrialization with little regard for environmental issues, rapidly growing middle class = slow down of population growth, challenges to democracy f. i. If you have rapid changes, you also have more chance for uprising of the population f. ii. People who miss out on growing wealth are more likely to rebel: development at high environmental and social classes, key issues in south-east asia: palm oil plantations, used for a. i. Lots of forests are being cut down to make room for palm oil plantations, timber c. iv. Local scale: indigenous groups that have used forest for centuries c. v.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers