POLS 240 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Small Business Administration, Warren E. Burger, Hawthorne Effect

15 views3 pages

Document Summary

Week 6 the executive branch: 25 multiple czuu6hoice, 6 short answer, 1 essay, most likely chapters 1-5, but some material from chapter 6, organization structures, mechanistic a. i. Managing foreign affairs: as time goes on, nations grow, and size and scope of government increases b. i. Infrastructure, post office, social welfare: executive departments, 15 executive departments a. i. Department can also be a sub-cabinet, such as department of navy within department of defense: other positions considered to have cabinet rank b. i. Obama administration white house chief of staff, epa administrator, Omb director, un ambassador, us trade rep, administrator of small business administration, chair of council of economic advisors c. Inner cabinet more prominent and influential positions c. i. Mostly medicare and medicaid: restructing executive branch. 2: federal government arguably designed to be inefficient chief justice warren. Burger: reorganization search for greater efficiency and effectiveness, congress must approve creation or abolishment of cabinet level departments and restructuring of executive agencies c. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers