POLS 102 Lecture Notes - Lecture 24: Aroostook War, Hubris, Comparative Politics

16 views3 pages

Document Summary

International relations: comparative politics takes place in a settled order b. International relations has much less order - a lot more fluidity. The actions of some states are very unpredictable. Ir looks at the interactions and norms that govern economic, political, and social interactions between states c. c. i. Examples of economic trade: subfields of international relations. Ir theory: world war i affected four continents and was a catalyst for the formation of ir as a new field. Before that, conflict and relations between states had largely been studied by historians: because of the aftermath of world war i, woodrow wilson felt war would be less likely if state negotiated in an organized forum f. i. He believed that states could grow out of a need for armed conflict. Idealism (ir liberalism: sees good in people, war can be prevented if states follow international law and back international c. Importance of educating people on the frequently futility and cost of war.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers