POLS 102 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: O. J. Simpson Murder Case, Sharia, Adversarial System

14 views2 pages

Document Summary

1: anger at rich people who could easily get out of the draft, discrepancy in who was doing the fighting in vietnam usually poor or minorities, justice a. Justice is the principle on which the judiciary is based: justice argues for equal treatment of fair rules to all c. In practice not all are treated equal, such as diplomats (immunity, parking tickets) and chief executives c. i. Can"t prosecute, they are essentially above the law: fair has different connotations in different cultures d. i. Penalty for theft in saudi arabia take your hand (sharia law) vs. Us (don"t really care if you steal under wont prosecute. Justice needs to be seen as fair and unbiased to be accepted by the general population: two types of systems (could be an essay question!!, adversarial system a. i. Two advocates (lawyers) represent their parties" positions before an impartial judge or jury who seek to find the truth a. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers