POLS 240 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Nonprofit Organization, Public Administration, Five Ws

17 views3 pages

Document Summary

23 august 2016: bureaucracy, bureaucrat bashing, negative view of government of policies incompetent, lazy, unresponsive, inept, refers to complex public organizations, way of structuring large organizations to employ a lot of people d. i. Can apply to any organization public, private, nonprofit: complexity and red tape are inherent e. i. But administrating or enforcing complex laws of policies created by others: meaning of public administration a. Interdisciplinary field that includes: management, political science, law, economics, sociology, criminology, social work, engineering, logistics: crisis of identity concise definition is almost impossible b. i. Many bureaucrats refer to themselves by their position b. iii. In academia, debates arise over place of public administration political science, business: public c. i. Distinct from private or even nonprofit administration; the administration of governmental affairs c. i. 1. c. i. 2. Goals what organizations do, produce, or want to accomplish c. ii. 2. Constraints rules, laws, and regulations organizations must obey c. ii. 3. c. ii. 4.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers