IS 3003 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Local Area Network, Voice Over Ip, Html

103 views5 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 7: networks or resources which can include hw. Computer network: the linking of two or more computers to share data. Stand alone computer systems: i ndividually they can input, output and. Peer-to-peer computer network: no longer using a single computer. Using a cable to link the devices together. The simplest form of computer network. process of data. i. Put simply: computers are networked using cables which have low functionality. Client/server computer network: add server to the network: connect computers directly to the server. The server is the central access point in the network: network components: pc, switch, servers, routers. Group of pcs will be connected by the switch. i. Cannot understand which computer to send messages to. Switches understand the messages destination: multiple networks. Router: connects one network to another external network. Uses modem to directly connect to the internet: network layers, tcp/ip and connectivity i. ii. Protocols: rules that govern transmission of information between two points.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers