Premium

4 Pages

Department
IS - Information Systems
Course Code
IS 3003
Professor
Nasim Talebi

This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full 4 pages of the document.

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
IS3003 E-Commerce:DigitalMarkets/DigitalGoods Chapter 10 1. E-COMMERCE E-Commerce: ​Use of internet to E-business: ​Use of digital tech and transact business. Subset of internet to drive business e-business. purchases Digital goods: ​Goods that can be delivered over a digital network. Mobile Commerce: ​Using handheld devices/smartphones to have transactions 2. BUSINESS TYPES a. Bricks-and-mortar business (B&M):​ Physical store. b. Pure-play business (.com's, clicks only, or virtual):​ Exclusively virtual companies EX: amazon c. Clicks-and-mortar Business (clicks-and-bricks):​ Have both physical locations and provide online services d. New Clicks-to-Bricks:​ Place an order online and pick it up at the store. 3. UNIQUE FEATURES OF E-COMMERCE a. Ubiquity:​ Internet/web tech available anytime, anyplace. i. Effect of Ubiquity: A new "marketspace", Enhanced customer convenience, reduced shipping costs. b. Global Reach:​ The tech reaches across national boundaries, around Earth i. Effects of Global Reach: Commerce enabled across cultural and national boundaries seamlessly and without modification. ➢ Universal Standards:​ One set of tech standards: Internet standards i. Effects of Universal Standards: Lower market entry costs, Lower consumers' search costS ➢ Richness in Communication: ​refers to the complexity and content of a message i. Effects of Richness: Supports video, audio and text messages, Possible to deliver rich messages with text, audio and video simultaneously to large numbers of people. ➢ Interactivity: ​E-commerce can provide two-way communication between merchant and consumer online. EX: Feedback on website 1 i. Effects of Interactivity: Consumers engage in dialog that dynamically adjusts experience to the individual. ➢ Information Density: ​The total amount and quality of info available to all market participants i. Effects of Information Density: 1. On consumer:​ Greater price transparency, greater cost transparency. 2. On Merchants:​ Greater price discrimination. ➢ Personalization and Customization:​ Tech permits modification of messages and goods. Personalized messages can be sent to individuals as well as groups. ➢ Social Tech:​ The tech promotes user content generation and social networking. New social and business models enable user content and creation and disruption, and support social networks. ​ i. Effects of Social Tech: Creation of a new many-to-many model of mass communication (and potential marketing) 4. FEATURES OF DIGITAL MARKETS a. Digital Markets ​REDUCE: i. Information asymmetry ii. Search costs iii. Transaction costs iv. Menu costs b. Digital Markets ​ENABLE: i. Market segmentation and price discrimination ii. Dynamic pricing iii. Disintermediation​ - Removes intermediaries which reduces final costs to consumers 5. TYPES OF E-COMMERCE a. B2C​ - Business to Consumer: Business has transactions
More Less
Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

Only page 1 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit