CS 4730 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Collision Detection, Minimum Bounding Box, Taxicab Geometry

25 views3 pages

Document Summary

05/22 more on collision detection, review a. i. In the worst case (with complex objects) this is a really hard problem! For each object i containing polygons p a. ii. 1. Test for intersection with objects j with polygons q a. iii. For polyhedral objects, test if object i penetrates surface of j a. iii. 1. Test if vertices of i straddle polygon q of j a. iv. Hierarchies of bounding boxes/spheres: bounding boxes b. i. Axis aligned bbox change as object moves b. iii. Object aligned bounding box is a better representation. More code, used when you have something very directional b. iii. 3. Leave out extremities, if something hits the tail of the object then we don"t care b. iii. 4. Geometry around a player character, we may make them in the player"s favor b. iii. 5. Partition the box into smaller ones if using axis aligned c. Maintain a list of object pairs that are close to each. Use current speeds to estimate likely collisions c. i. 3.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers