PHIL 1740 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Pressure Ulcer, Council For International Organizations Of Medical Sciences, Dementia

23 views6 pages

Document Summary

Outcome standard: most people should have autonomy and be competent, everyone should at least have a minimal level of competency, we"re looking at the outcome of their decision to see if, ex. Refusing your child to get a blood transfusion and they die: outcomes that we worry about that aren"t health-related: they"re competent (see if it"s the right decision) Process standard ( recognizable reasons : the one that hoffmaster suggests, if conclusion doesn"t follow from premises unrecognizable, ex. I jumped off the bridge because the sky was grey is not: freedman"s examples of things that are unrecognizable: a good reason. No connection between one thing and the other (i won"t have surgery because it"s tuesday) (cid:1) (cid:1) (cid:1) (cid:1) When the conclusion doesn"t follow from the premises (i won"t get a breast biopsy because it will make me unfertile but we can fix that) Trickiness of the first three: the seriousness of the standard is the threshold.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers