PLAP 3140 Lecture Notes - Lecture 25: Multiple Choice, Timothy Leary, Joni Ernst

29 views4 pages

Document Summary

Political advertising 1: making sense of ads. Political advertising 2: ad affects, ads, and participation. Due via collab and hard copy no later than 12pm, dec, 7. Office hours this week: tuesday 1-2, thursday 1:30-2:30. Up to 5 points on the final exam. Things to look for/pay attention to (continued from last class): Stability : buying a house, having a job, family. Inter-generational imagery - small kid, old guy in the back, grandmother and granddaughter embracing on their wedding day, family moving in. Firefighter, grandfather, girl scouts raising flags -- people literally looking up. Flags, big shaggy dog, reagan giving a speech. Very confusing - something to do with russia. Muddles things for reagan that shouldn"t be muddled; they should have been very clear. Dark images - national security and the threat of terrorism. Fundamental message: proximity, along a number of dimensions. If i point out that i was born and raised in virginia, i"m saying we share a background.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers